Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Retraction

I was wrong about the plastic surgeon - he did ring and leave a message, but at 8pm. The person calling later (twice) was my bf's mother from NZ who heard my answerphone message in German and thought she's called the wrong number. We know this because she called again at 2am (no research into the time difference, clearly) and my bf answered, thinking it was the plastic surgeon and preparing to have words (how chivalrous). So I am teaching him, starting next week.
Today is Saturday, and yet another fine, sunny autumn day in Berlin. First up is always the Kollwitzplatz Ökomarkt for a crepe (must have lemon and sugar), fresh ravioli, juice, feta, olives, pesto and bread. Yum!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home