Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Untitled

Shopping for winter clothes - I now look like a H&M advertisment.
Found out why the Herald job was advertised - a journo was fired for plagiarism. Ouch.
Saw the Jim Jarmush film Coffee and Cigarettes last night. Was actually pretty good. I liked the sketches with Steven Coogin as a self-satisfied wanker and Cate Blanchett and her jealous cousin (played by the same person). I am watching the Godfather tonight. I have never, ever seen it. So much hype - it's IMDb's number one film.
Turned down a request by Expatica to write an article - felt bad. but was too complicated and would've involved legal jargon.
This afternoon I have had an unprecidented attack of domesticity and am baking a cake. The last time I baked a cake would've been sometime between grunge and post grunge, so it's been a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home