Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Emails and chirpiness

For some inexplicable reason I woke up feeling quite cheerful. Maybe it's that it's a sunny day, with a hint of autumnal crispness in the air. Maybe it's that I feel free. Or that I'm going to Nice in a few weeks. No travel article, just a weekend trip.
Russell sent me an email. Russell is an American guy (passionately anti-Bush) who I met during my short-lived and funds-draining stint at Goethe. He's back in Boston, but sends me these great, rambling emails. One of the disadvantages of emails I've noticed, as someone who comes from a prehistoric era of snail mail, is that personal emails are often shit. They're either two lines long or simply lacking in any valid information. One of my best friends, who I know can write well, sends appalling emails.
Anyway, off to school. Gave my Maori presentation yesterday. Everyone seemed really interested, asked lots of q's,. I'm taking in my passport today so they can see some Maori. I showed them the haka yesterday on my laptop. I was so nervous as I started talking! Felt dumb, I don't know why I was scared. It's irrational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home