Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Monday, August 30, 2004

Class

Today I started my new German course. I already knew some of the people - Suah from Korea and Yoko for Japan. It was good to see them again. It's a small class and the teacher's good, too. I was glad Mathilda wasn't there. She was in the last course and was so dour, surly and argumentative - like a Dementor, she tended to suck the fun out of things.
I just rang this guy who advertised in Tip magazine for a language partner. Apparently he's a plastic surgeon! We keep just leaving messages on each other's phones. He says he wanted a NZer because he likes the accent. Odd...
I watched the scary Korean film last night, it's called A Tale of Two Sisters and was both scary and also a psychological thriller, which I liked - not just random horror but there was a point to what happened. I checked out the IMDB message board and people had a lot to say about it, mostly wrong in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home