Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tandem

Yesterday I met my second language exchange partner for the first time. I don't know if it will work out, he was kind of wierd and demanding. In fact, for the first two months he only wanted to speak in English! I had to remind him nicely that that wasn't an "exchange", it was just him being taught by me for free. He also seemed pretty self-absorbed, chatting away about himself for most of the time and blinking at me during the brief times I spoke, then resuming his monologue. Looking back on what I've just written, I don't know if I'll meet him again...maybe just once more and pretend I have to leave the country immediately or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home