Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Connected again

I have given up on wireless connections. Wireless sucks! There, it's official.
Now I finally have working internet and don't have to click on the same button, over and over, hoping it won't "time out". Does that phrase remind anyone else of a sulky kid sitting in the corner? Well, that's what it behaves like: "Nup. Not doin' it. No! You're not the boss of me", etc.
So today I've taken advantage of snappy speeds by sending out my travel aticles in the vain hope that someone will want one and the vainer hope that I might be paid for it. Honestly, I've found the money-chasing takes a lot longer than the writing part. I would never rely on freelancing for money.
The sad part is when you're disconnected and feel like the whole cyber world is moving on without you, you're out of the loop, etc. Then you find the bitter announcement: "You have 0 new emails. That's right, null, niente, nichts, etc"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home