Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Friday, September 03, 2004

weather

Summer came back yesterday, hurrah! I was sitting by Brandenburg Gate in the evening sun, watching the tourists scuttling by laden down with cameras.
People seem to be fixated by the weather here. Maybe because it's usually more interesting than in NZ.
Walked around last night. There are buildings here that have been done up and some that still have bullet holes from ww2. I like the contrast, I find it very interesting, but they old ones won't be around too much longer. It's true that Berlin is one big construction site still.
My bf is off this weekend to London for a a Zillionaire concert and a meeting with our old friend Charlie. Am a tad envious, but will also be good to have the place to myself and re-enact that Tom Cruise - Risky Business scene (if I want..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home