Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Museum

I'm writing an article on some of the museums in Berlin so today I went and had a look at one - the Historisches Museum. It's got an new extension designed by Pei, the guy who designed the glass pyramid outside the Louvre.
The extension was pretty cool - a spiral glass staircase etc. I had a look at the exhibitions too. One was American Portraits taken by a German photographer. It was a bit odd that all the explanations were in German only. I liked it, because it made me practise, but a visitor woudn't get much out of it.
I took some photos too, I hope they work out okay for the magazine.
Tonight I "borrowed" (yes, the d-word, but I'm paranoid about typing that online) a Korean film called A Tale of Two Sisters. It's meant to be scarier than Ringu and that was pretty damn frightening. I love horror movies, though. I like the "safe" adrenalin of being scared watching one. We don't have a TV in Germany though so I have to resort to watching it on my laptop. Better than nothing..
I saw some jobs advertised on the Herald website in NZ for feature writers etc. I got quite excited, which was interesting because I didn't think that was what I wanted to do, but maybe I've changed this year. Of course I can't apply - it's for next month and I'm here for at least another 4-5 - but maybe later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home