Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Hello

This is my first ever blog post, in August 2004, at the age of 26. Who would've thought that this narcissistic act would take me so long? I've been thinking about it ever since I watched Doogie Howser in the '80s (anyone over 20 will remember).
So here we are. Actually I couldn't tell you why you should read my blog as opposed to the other 2 billion out there, but I'm just going to keep writing and see what happens. I like writing. Actually, I like it so much I made it one of my professions. I was a teacher first, now I'm a journalist and this year I'm studying German because I want to do some more translating (I've only tried it once, but it was interesting).
That's partly while I'm here in Berlin. I lived here four years ago too, and had such a great time that I missed it and had to come back. It's not the same as it was then, but I still love it.
More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home