Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Tickets booked

It's official - I'm leaving Berlin on January 13th and flying back to NZ. Not forever, but definitely for a while. My visa here still has a few more months validity, but the cold weather won't let up until April at least, and this perpetual darkness and greyness is not good for me actually doing stuff. Because I'm a freelancer I set my own work schedule, and although I am still working away I let myself sleep too long and muck around.

So I do feel sad to be leaving - there are so many things I'll miss and I don't think it will hit me until I go - but it feels like the right decision.

Also we move in a few days' time and our new flat (shock, horror) won't have either wireless or DSL so I won't be posting every day. What I'll probably do is write a bunch of stuff at home and then upload it from, erm, Starbucks, which has wireless. I'm not male so won't have to worry about my laptop reducing my fertility.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home