Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Friday, December 03, 2004

Reading for pleasure

I did something this Friday afternoon I hadn't done for ages - went into a bookshop and just hung out for awhile flicking through books. I could spend all day doing that. And I bought my first English book in ages called The Da Vinci Code, which I've heard a lot about including that it's going to be made into a movie starring Tom Hanks (of course). I've read a lot of German books over the last few months, which helped my German and was interesting, but there's nothing like curling up with a book in your native language and just switching off the outside world.

Speaking of which, today has been the trillionth hazy day in a row, with a high of 5 degrees C and pitch black as I look outside now at 16:10. Although Mystery Man across the road, whom I've mentioned in a previous post, has strung up some fairy lights and stuck some Santa candles in the window. Aaahh.

1 Comments:

  • At December 4, 2004 at 12:34 PM, Blogger Iceland Eyes said…

    hi shona...saw your blog through blogexplosion...i've just put my blog in the travel section too. i thought it was kind of funny how similar the idea behind our blogs are! and interesting, too, that if you stuck a giant needle through new zealand it would come out through iceland...ha ha ha. our native islands are very much alike, acutally.

    anyway, thanks for the view into german life. keep it up!..............m

     

Post a Comment

<< Home