Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Please don't hurt my coffee

Boyfriend walks into his regular coffee shop to get coffee

Boyfriend: Ich hätte gern... (I'd like...)

Coffeeshop Guy (Interrupting in English): Sure, a big latte to go. Hey, do you use our coffee cards?

B: Yeah, but they're at home and I always forget to bring them.

CG: Okay, just bring them all in one day and we'll organise some kind of Final Solution...

Final Solution?? Obviously a translation gone awry, but these are two words that should not be bandied about in Germany!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home