Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Run, run, run (or not)

Ah, another day at the laptop. First up was an article on making friends, which I'm hardly doing when surgically attached to my mouse, then all the emails I didn't send last week. The ones in English take no time at all - just blathering, really, in a nice way - but the ones to German penpals take ages, what with trying to get the genders and declinations right, nouns in Caps, verbs in the right place...
Did I mention I am sick to death of Franz Ferdinand? Most of my music is MP3 and on the iPod, but the few CDs I own that sound the best on Christoph's stereo system...well, the sound is good but I'm sick to death of them. Right now FF are blaring "Ich heiße Superfantastik" which is all very deep and meaningful but is way too chipper.
Perhaps what I should have been doing today was running the Berlin Marathon with 40,000 other goody-goods, but let's be honest, there wasn't the remotest chance of that happening without a coffee drip or many Red Bulls. It's more fun just to stroll round autumnal Berlin, when it's not raining, in my new red coat (I seem to be the only person not in a black coat) and kick round leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home