Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Sunday, January 09, 2005

What the...?

I know you're all just dying to hear about the weather, which is, like, the most exciting topic ever (well, it can be with natural disasters but my post won't be so dramatic).

It has been over 10 degrees C every day here. It's just madness - normally such warm temperatures don't come along until March or even April. It should be freezing, with biting winds, gloves, hats, thermals!

But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Since it was clear no snow was coming, I like it warm. And when I'm in Singapore next Friday it will be about 30 degrees, which will be a shock for my sun-deprived body. I'm starting to look like Keanu Reeves at the beginning of the first Matrix movie when his face had taken on the neon glow of his computer.



Yes, just like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home