Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Hallo! Hallo! Get naked!

Deutsche Telekom have probably driven more people insane than they care to admit. It doesn't help that they have a special English phone number which they never answer and which has a horrible message looped telling you to "please hold za line" with a permanent "Hallo!...Hallo!" in the background. Richard was tearing his hair out as he waited for them to answer (they didn't). Well, it at least spurred him on to brave their German number for a monosyllabic conversation with a patient DT employee.

In other news, I went with an English friend to Stadbad Neukoln today for a swim and spa, but never made it inside. It wasn't the mixed pools I objected to, it was the enforced nakedness. Now, I am not a prude - if other people want to get naked in the pool, fine, and I have swum naked in Krumme Lanke in the past. But compulsory nakedness? Not actually being allowed to wear a bikini if I felt like it? So I said a firm Nein.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home