Kiwi in Berlin

I'm just one of the 250 (registered) New Zealanders living in Berlin. Here I try to answer pressing questions such as: What are the Germans like? What happens in Berlin on a day-to-day basis? Why is NZ so far away? What does "playing the offended sausage" mean?

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Die Prüfung ist vorbei

Thank God that's over, it was no fun. Luckily they told us our results today so I know I passed and don't have to wait to find out. A few people failed...the hardest part was the listening test, where we had to listen to some guy who might or might not have been from Austria, but anyway his rich dialect was very different from the hard Berlin dialect, or as it's so prettily called, Berliner Schnauze or Berlin Snout. Is that any relation to Pig Latin? Uten-gay Ag-tay.

It also didn't help that three mobile phones rang during the exam - three mind-alteringly annoying rings, too. Why do people leave their phones on? Do they really need the attention? One poor stressed-out girl turned around and roared (in English, actually): "Turn your fucking phones off!" (No, it wasn't me.)

So I go in and pick up my certificate next week. Supposedly this means that I can now speak advanced German. Wunderbar.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home